PORTICO's Bylaws provide for membership in the church to those persons who:
- profess faith in Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord;
- have been baptized by immersion;
- have evidenced agreement with the Statement of Faith in writing;
- have committed themselves in writing to live in obedience to Scripture and are willing to be subject to the authority of the church as expressed in the church constitution; and
- have been admitted into membership in accordance with the church constitution.
A member shall have the following privileges, rights and duties:
- the privilege to attend all public worship services of the church subject to section 12.16 of the bylaws;
- the privilege to participate in the ordinance administered by the church;
- the duty to minister to one another's spiritual needs as part of the body of Christ;
- the right to serve in positions of church leadership, including the office of elder and ministry staff, provided all criteria for each office and position are met;
- the duty to respect and submit to the spiritual authority and procedures of the church as expressed in the church constitution;
- the duty to attend and the right to speak and participate at all meetings of members;
- the duty to confirm the member's continued status as a member at least every three years; and
- the right to a single vote in person at any meeting of members.
If you've watched the video, and you're ready for the next step...
© PORTICO Community Church